Oh boy, this is definitely my favorite way to enjoy butternut squash.
Butternut squash fries! You can season these fries any way you’d like. Some ideas include:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- creole seasoning
- chipotle powder
- taco seasoning
- dried oregano
- sea salt
For this batch, I used a paprika/onion/black pepper blend from Penzey’s Spices, called Forward, along with a bit of sea salt.
Butternut Squash Fries
- Butternut Squash
- your choice of seasonings
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. First wash the butternut squash. After cutting into the squash, scoop out the seeds, and slice the squash into fries.
3. Lightly spray a pan with EVOO. Place the fries on the pan, and season with desired spices.
4. Bake the fries in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and turn all the fries over and season again.
5. Place the pan back into the oven, and continue to bake for about 20 minutes longer.
These are fantastic! A great side dish. Or we ate them as a fun snack while watching some Sunday afternoon football.
Happy Monday and Go Bears!