How is it December . . . . tomorrow!?! Christmas is going to be here before I know it. Eek—I have a lot to do yet! But Bob and I did make time this past week to put up or Christmas lights, decorations and our tree!
1. I love our little Christmas tree. We’ve made it a tradition to have it up right after Thanksgiving. Otherwise, I feel like I don’t have enough time to enjoy it–the holiday go by so quickly!
2. I love salsa. That is no secret. But what I really love is when restaurants that serve salsa as an appetizer also offer veggie “chips”. Way to go! These jicama and carrot “chips” were perfect.
This is actually what I do at home a lot. I’m not a big fan of chips. I just need a vehicle for the salsa–and veggies are much more appealing to me. At home, I’ll use carrots, zucchini and cabbage. And don’t knock it ’till you try it! It’s really pretty good.
3. Speaking of veggies and Christmas . . . this is such a fun idea:
4. Looking for something to help you slow down, embrace the holiday season and connect with your family? I loved this idea: 24 Day so Togetherness.
The idea is to have a “bucket list” of ideas to do with someone else (husband, wife, kids, etc.) starting on December 1st, until Christmas. Some ideas included:
- Take a drive and look at Christmas lights
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Sing and dance to Christmas songs
- Go for a nature walk
5. Something to think about:
Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend!