TGIF! I thought I’d share five of my favorite items at Trader Joes’s.
While I love way more than five items in that grocery store, these are five staples. I swing by once a week and these items are always in my shopping cart.
1. Organic broccoli slaw. TJ’s has the best price on organic broc slaw that I’ve seen. I use it to make my weekday salad lunches.
2. Pistachios. Bob and I eat a freakishly large amount of pistachios. We can knock out a bag almost every week. So. good.
3. Organic Apples. I pack an apple for both Bob and I every day for an afternoon snack at work. That’s 10 apples, just for Monday through Friday! Again, you can’t beat TJ’s price. And their price is per item, so yes, I hunt for the biggest apples I can find!
4. Salsa: Specifically, Fire Roasted Tomato. I LOVE salsa. This one has fantastic flavor with no added salt.
5. Dark Chocolate. Bob’s a huge fan of their 72% dark, while I love their 85%, or my new find: Stone Ground Extra Dark. Totally heavenly.
Do you shop at Trader Joe’s? Any staple items that you have to get there? I used to always buy their nut butters (both peanut and almond), but since I started making my own, I haven’t need to!