I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago: Arlington Heights, Illinois. Anyone who knows me knows I adore these businesses and people. I’m happy to support them in any way I can!
- Best. Gym. Ever. Located in downtown Arlington Heights, Commuter Fitness is where I go to do my cardio and strength training. The owner, John Anderson, is welcoming, friendly and inspiring! I hear his Bootcamp classes are fantastic.
- Jeff and Marla Sarris. Where to begin?
- Paulette DeFillipo. She is an amazingly talented massage therapist. A true healer.
- Willow Yoga. Take a class with Becci. She makes you feel comfortable, encourages challenging yourself, but doesn’t mind if you bust out laughing in the process.
- A great blog with reviews, inside information, and other general musings that usually involve the Arlington Heights area, check out Harvard Avenue.
Where I shop:
- Tuscan Market. Amy Philpott is not only a great friend, she also runs a fantastically fun establishment right in downtown AH. Find excellent wine and craft beer, to either sip at the bar or take home for later. Tuscan Market also hosts a killer book club, free monthly wine-tastings, and fresh seafood to order every week.
- Gumrai Thai. Our favorite sushi take-out. Excellent thai dishes as well.
- Mitsuwa. A Japanese marketplace where I can find kabocha and great sashimi.
- Mariano’s. Great grocery store with lots of organic and local produce options.
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods
- Fruitful Yield. Excellent place to find items that might otherwise be too expensive, like chia seeds, raw cacao, and nutritional yeast.