Lettuce wraps are genius! I’ve definitely been on a kick with them lately, since I’ve had bibb lettuce in the house.
For this round, I was craving Thai!
Raw Thai Tempeh Lettuce Wraps (serves 2)
- 1/2 tempeh package, crumbled
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 1 T. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 t. garlic, minced
- 1 t. ginger, minced
- 1 t. chili paste
- 1 small carrot, matchstick slices
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 small head of bibb lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- optional: peanuts for topping
In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients from tempeh to zuchhini. Stir well and set aside for about 15 minutes. This will allow the flavors to marinate the tempeh and veggies.
Serve with the bibb lettuce leaves, and if desired, peanuts.
MIWFY: This recipe is vegetarian/vegan and raw. You can substitue any cooked ground meat, if you prefer.
Have a great day!