Smoothies are one of my favorite go-to snacks, especially in the summertime. They are a quick, easy way to eat something healthy that tastes totally delicious.
By the time we made it back home after the Dirty Girl Mud Run on Saturday, I was hungry and felt dehydrated. So I grabbed a few ingredients to make a quick, high-protein smoothie. It turned out to be really tasty!
Apple Pie Smoothie (1 serving)
- 6-7 ice cubes
- 1 apple, halved and cored
- 1 scoop/serving vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 T. chia seeds
- 1 t. maca powder (optional)
- cinnamon, to taste (I use 2 t.)
- dash of ginger
- 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
Place all ingredients into a high speed blender, in the order listed. Blend until smooth!
- As written, the smoothie is vegan and gluten-free.
- If you do not have/use protein powder, replace with 1/3 c. non-fat plain greek yogurt, a touch of vanilla extract and a touch of sweetener of choice
Many people ask about some of the ingredients seen in this post (chia seeds, maca powder, protein powder). I plan on writing about these items in more detail so you can learn about why I include them in my diet and if they might be something you’d like to try.