This dinner turned out to be a winner! I loved the flavors and different textures. While the prep work was a bit longer (so I made this on a Sunday rather than a weekday), it was well worth it.
I wouldn’t hesitate to make this as a side dish either. It would be perfect to serve at a potluck or picnic.
Thai-Inspired Red Cabbage and Zucchini (serves 2 for dinner)
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 c. shredded red cabbage
- 1 c. sugar snap peas
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- Dressing (recipe below)
- 2 T. raw, unsalted pepitas
- 2 servings of Firm Tofu, cubed (or protein of choice)
- 2-3 T. peanut flour (or 1 T. peanut butter)
- 1 T. tamari sauce
- 3 T. rice vinegar
- 1 t. ginger, minced
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- dash of ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
MIWFY: As written, this recipe is vegan and gluten-free. Using chicken or shrimp (instead of tofu) would also make for a delicious dish.